- Want more sales from search engine optimisation efforts?
- Looking for new techniques to improve your traffic and rankings?
Learn how to use advanced SEO techniques to get ranking.
Here are a few up-to-date and best SEO techniques:
Optimise for RankBrain
According to Google, RankBrain is a machine-learning AI system. Google uses it to handle unique queries that have never been asked before. New queries make up to 15% of all searches a day – and Google processes 3billion searches daily, which means that 450 million searches are unique.
Therefore, optimise for RankBrain.
- Understand machine learning and how RankBrain works.
- Never stuff keywords. (Poor optimisation or keyword stuffing doesn’t help.)
- Answer questions to solve problems.
Optimise your website for local presence
Optimise your Google My Business page. Also choose specific local business listing sites to submit your website. Unquestionably, local SEO helps websites to realise their full potential.
- Add a unique description that is correctly formatted and includes links.
- Choose the right categories for your business.
- Always upload original photos.
- Add a local phone number to your listing.
- Keep you NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) updated.
- Use Schema.org markup.
- Encourage users to provide reviews.
Optimise for voice search
“According to Google, 20 percent of searches on mobile app and on Android devices are voice searches”.
Voice search is in vogue. Marketers have now started optimising their sites for voice search queries. Hence, optimise your website for it to stay effective in the competition. All you need to do is to provide direct answers to questions. Format your content, give proper headings and highlight the specific content so that both users and search engines can spot it.
“Voice search is great for multi-tasking”.
- Write straightforward content.
- Have a mobile-friendly website.
- Optimise your local business for voice search.
- Update your Google My Business and Bing Places.
- Keep your content as simple as possible in a natural language.
Implement AMP -Accelerated Mobile Pages
AMP is Google’s open-source program, which gives webmasters the ability to create instant loading versions of web-pages for mobile users. You must implement AMP to improve user’s experience.
“AMP results will be appearing throughout the mobile SERP by the end of the year”.
- Download the Automattic AMP plug-in.
- Visit Search Console to understand more about AMP.
- Run the AMP validator tool.
Increase page load speed of your website
In an increasingly competitive digital ecosystem, we can’t afford to ignore page load speed. In order to improve the overall browsing experience of users, increase the page load speed of your website. For that, enable compression and optimise your code to make it simple, which is still at its woeful stage.
“Gzip is the most popular and effective compression method currently available and generally reduces the response size by about 70%”.
- Reduce redirects.
- Use https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to check site’s speed.
- Improve server response time.
- Optimise image.
- Use fewer videos.
- Choose the most suitable hosting.
All the above mentioned SEO techniques will get your website ranked.