Business owners hire the best web designers, developers and optimisers; however, only a few websites rank high and achieve success in their paradigm. The reason could be anything right from an outdated design to wrong selection of keywords.
Here are a few reasons why websites fail to perform:
Outdated web design
This is one of the important reasons. So, design your website according to your industry.
A few guidelines to create an effective web design:
- Create simple but beautiful designs.
- Keep navigation simple.
- Use contrasting colours.
- Make your website responsive.
- Always develop a multi-browser website.
- Keep your website error-free.
- Keep your design consistent throughout the site.
Web design is not only about colours, patterns and graphics; it is also about font size, background colour, etc. In other words, content should be readable and scanable.
A few guidelines to create effective content format:
- Choose the right font size.
- Stick to contrasting colour combinations.
- Use “sans serif” fonts for the best results.
Old, heavy plugins and add-ons make a website slow. So, remove such plugins and add-ons, if any, to make your website fast. (Plugins are tools used to extend the functionality of a platform.)
Nothing frustrates user more than a slow load speed.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- 40% abandon a website that takes more than three seconds to load.
A few guidelines to make your site fast:
- Use HTML5 for all of your videos and animations.
- Install new plugins.
Unclear navigation structure
Poor navigation structure forces users to leave a website. Therefore, keep your site’s navigation structure simple, logical and readable.
- Organise information.
- Uncover potential spots and remove dead pages.
- Update your sitemap and navigation structure.
Your site lacks personality
As a brand, your website should reflect its image, personality and look like a leader. Your website should improve the overall learning experience as well as knowledge of your users.
- Remember, your site should support your business objectives.
- It must have business logos, icons, slogans, etc, so that it can support your business.
According to a study, 80% of small B2B business websites lack a call-to-action. This not only confuses a user, but also lowers the overall conversion rate of a website. So, always guide users to take action through proper call-to-actions.
- Use CTAs appropriately across the website.
- Be direct and conversational.
- Use intuitive web designs.
- Highlight your company’s uniqueness and strengths.
- Use compelling templates.
By addressing these important issues, you can easily enhance website’s performance.