Ideally a website should have high conversion rate, high page load speed, and low bounce rate. It should be fully functional and error-free.Â The question remains – can it be achieved?
Yes, all you need to do is to focus on bounce rate.
“Slow website loading speed may impact your search rankings as well as increase bounce rate”.
According to Google, Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page sessions (i.e. sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).
Here are a few methods to reduce bounce rate of a website:
Create specific landing pages
Reduce the bounce rate by offering the most suitable answer to userâ€™s query.Â Write specific and relevant content. This will improve your siteâ€™s overall traffic.
For example, if a visitor is looking for information on aviation engineering in Boston and your landing is all about aviation engineering, user may bounce.
- Provide specific set of information with relevant examples.
- Provide digestible and scanable content.
- Keep your siteâ€™s navigation as easy as possible.
- Use keywords wisely.
- Provide sufficient images and videos for better explanation.
- Keep the website theme the same across your website.
- Use suitable call-to-action where ever possible.
“47% of websites have a clear call-to-action button that takes users 3 seconds or less to see”.
Focus on formatting
Format your content properly to improve usersâ€™ experience. Poorly written content full of mistakes and errors may deter users.
In fact, you need to focus on:
- white spaces
- utilisation of sidebars
- bullets and numbers
- poor navigation
- internal links
- headings and sub-headings
- poor website design
- font size and images
- background colour, etc.
- Use bullet points and keep your content well formatted.
- Use easy-to-load audio and video content.
- Include links on sidebars.
- Use A/B split testing.
- Use “visual website optimizer” to test different versions of your landing pages.
Never annoy users
Most people use pop-ups, banner ads, blinking text, bold content across the site, which irritate users and eventually force them to leave.Â So, focus on improving their experience rather getting them out.
“70% of users said they found irrelevant pop-ups to be annoying”.
- Never use banner ads.
- Keep fewer pop-ups .
Create compelling stories
Most marketers achieve success because they have the ability to create better and emotional stories around their products and services. If you want to grab the eyeballs, create engaging stories.
- Understand your targeted audiences.
- Keep your stories fresh and original.
- Write great blog posts. (According to HubSpot, businesses that update their blogs with fresh content regularly generates 126% more leads.)
- 90% of content marketers say that custom content has a positive impact on audience attitudes and reduces bounce rate.
So, use these methods to reduce bounce rate of your website.