- Wondering how to use smart online marketing techniques to retain consumers?
Discover how to use online marketing strategies to retain customer:
Educate your customers
It is always better to educate customers rather than forcing them to buy any product or service. For that, you need to create:
- Case studies
- Learning tools
- Use research tools to create tutorials.
- Write and share “how to” articles.
- Use the power of storytelling.
- Create animated characters.
- Create and share explainer videos.
Personalise your messages
This is particularly effective, if you are selling your products online and using email marketing to communicate.
- Provide complete information in your email messages.
Online contest is one of the best ways to educate and attract customers. They will not only participate in the contest, but also become your loyal customers.
- Set your goals.
- Announce fabulous gifts and discount offers.
- Encourage fans to participate.
- Start referral programs.
Use CRM tools
If you are not using CRM tools, you are missing a huge opportunity. These software programs are designed to generate leads, and improve marketing automation process.
- Use Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing 360, Zendesk, Configio, SalesforceIQ, etc.
- Engage customers everywhere.
- Use mobile applications to stay connected with your customers.
Use Social proof
According to wikipedia, social proof, also known as informational social influence, is a psychological phenomenon where people assume the actions of others in an attempt to reflect correct behaviour for a given situation. Hence, use social proof as an online marketing technique to increases conversions.
- Integrate reviews and testimonials into your website.
- Include photos of your customers. (Research shows that pictures (along with text) increase the credibility of the statement.
- Use social sharing buttons.
- Improves business reputation.
- Attracts customers.
There are a great number of ways to retain customers, and reward program is one of them. It is not only effective, but also wins the trust and confidence of users.
- Understand the requirements of users.
- Appreciate and reward your customers.
- Improve the shopping experience of customers.
- Improves sales.
- Boosts business reputation.
- Makes customer happy.
Send interesting newsletters
If you want to make your users interested in your products and services, create an interesting, helpful and inspiring newsletter. It will help you to generate leads and improve customersâ€™ loyalty.
- Write high-quality and research based content.
- Use high-resolution images.
- Adopt a user-centric approach.
- Use call-to-actions.
Blogging is the main component of the strategy for at least 45% of marketers. So, start blogging.
- Identify buyerâ€™s personas before creating content.
- Use powerful tools like Qeryz, SurveyMonkey, BuzzSumo, etc.
- Create compelling headings.
- Keep an eye on current trends.
- Promote your blogs (Facebook posts hit 75% of their impressions within 2.5 hours, and 75% of engagement within five hours.)
- Share only relevant and high-quality information.
- Create a community.
- Allow readers to share your content.
So, use these customer retention strategies to empower your small business.