E-commerce industry is getting wider with the span of time. In fact, e-commerce marketing is all about innovative strategies and plans of action to attract customers.
Here are a few elements to consider:
According to Content marketing institute, content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience â€” and, to drive profitable customer action.
Of course, it is a big challenge; however, you need to clearly define your strategy on paper to take meaningful actions.
For better results, you need to:
- Carefully analyse current content marketing strategy.
- Measure the current traffic, bounce rate as well as conversion rate.
- Create and publish meaningful information for users.
- Review the results through analytics.
- Perform A/B testing on a regular basis. (What is A/B testing?) A/B testing (sometimes called split testing) is the act of comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better. (Source â€“ vwo.com)
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data to write factual content.
- Focus on the psychological aspects of marketing.
- Take into accountÂ different parameters of products and services.
- Adjust your content marketing strategies based on the outcomes.
- Use content curation tools. (What is Content curation? It is the process of gathering information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest. Source â€“ wikipedia)
- Use these content curation tools: Pocket, Scoop.it, Feedly, Storify, Curata, etc.
Automate Email Campaigns
When a customer takes some desired action like registering for an email newsletter, you should immediately respond by starting an automated email campaign. What is an automatic email campaign? An automatic email campaign is set up once and then automatically sent to a particular individual when that person meets a certain trigger. (source – Campaignmonitor)
According to a study, email subscribers are three times more likely to share your content over social media than visitors from other sources.
For optimum yields, you need to:
- Use an automatic email campaign to grow your business.
- Promote your blog posts through an automatic email campaign.
- Use it to promote your event.
- Include a compelling call-to-action to increase conversion rate.
- Measure your results.
Use multiple social media networks
Most e-commerce marketers rely only on Facebook for social media marketing because it has nearly 1.4 billion users across the world. However, you should diversify your social media marketing efforts to gain more exposure and business advantages.
For example, use Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Polyvore.
Social video marketing
According to Wikipedia, social video marketing is a component of an integrated marketing communication plan designed to increase audience engagement through social activity around a given video.
You should use video marketing because it is an innovative way to grab peopleâ€™s attention. In fact, it is a powerful way to convey your brandâ€™s or productâ€™s story. According to a report, including videos on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
So, include the above mentioned elements in your e-commerce marketing campaign to gain substantial advantages.