An online survey has revealed that conversion rate optimisation poses critical challenges to online stores. Online stores also pay little attention to this concept because of their lack of knowledge and resources. However, it is not a difficult concept to understand.
No doubt, conversion rate optimisation is a perfect science of understanding the behavioural patterns of users, and adjusting a website accordingly.
To improve the overall conversion rate of a website, it is essential to make it authentic and compelling. You need to show that you are a genuine seller. This you can do by integrating social proofs with your website. Use testimonials from your customers, reviews, and display social media icons on your website. This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to gain confidence of your intended users.
According to Socialmediatoday, customer testimonials have the best influence (89%) on all types of content marketing.
- Use Video testimonials for higher conversion rates.
- Place your testimonials at a sensible position for maximum visibility.
- Real-life examples add tangible value to your brand.
- Add testimonials from famous customers or influential authorities and use their logos.
Gifting is an act of self-satisfaction. In fact, it is a great way of strengthening relationships. If you want to maintain good relationships with your customers, you need to gift a free e-book, instructional guides or discount coupons to them.
For better results, you should reward your customers frequently so that they develop a sense of belongingness and engage with your brand.
This will help you to sell more.
- 70% of people make use of coupons or discounts they learn about from email.
- 60% of people say that receiving special offers is the best reason they subscribe to an email list from a business.
- Proactively promote your products through discount offers and coupons.
- Try to understand how customers interact with you, and what they want from you in the future.
- Always try to disclose new opportunities to improve your customersâ€™ experience.
- Re-design your internet marketing strategy on the basis of customersâ€™ feedback.
- Never commit e-commerce website design mistakes to lose your customers.
- Every online store should blog regularly to connect with fans as well as to rank better.
Some online marketers use powerful triggers, which are also a good technique to boost sales. One of the best ways is to create a sense of urgency is by using certain triggering terms such as “limited time offer”, “limited quantity”, etc.
You must take advantage of this technique to improve your siteâ€™s conversion rate as well as lower its bounce rate.
Moreover, you also need to do your homework properly by:
- Regularly updating your inventory
- Embracing e-mail marketing
- Performing A/B tests
- Launching a Facebook Store
- Using Instagram to engage with your audiences.
In a nutshell, the key to success is to keep your customers happy by making them feel more comfortable with your brand. This will automatically improve your storeâ€™s overall conversion rate.