If your online business is not picking up, you should devise a reliable, step-by-step optimisation plan. Here are a few optimisation techniques:
Optimise website for CTR
According to Wordstream, Click-through rate (CTR) is a measure of the percentage of clicks advertisers receive out of total ad impressions. “Impressions” refers to the number of times your ad is viewed. Hence, as a marketer, you should optimise CTR for better online presence.
- Create high-quality titles and descriptions of landing pages.
- Improve website’s speed.
- Use Google Search Console, Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool and GTMetrix.com.
- Create and distribute PDF checklists.
If you want to gain maximum results, you should use both basic and advanced SEO techniques.
- Use White hat SEO techniques because they tend to produce better and long term results.
- Fix crawl errors in Google Search Console.
- Create AMP Pages. (https://www.ampproject.org/)
- Adopt cross linking technique.
- Create an XML and HTML Sitemap to ensure that all pages are found. (https://www.practicalecommerce.com/SEO-HTML-XML-Sitemaps-Explained)
- Find and remove thin and duplicate content. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi-wkEeOKxM&feature=youtu.be)
- Don’t ignore WC3 validation. (https://validator.w3.org/)
Pay especial attention to E-commerce sites
If you want to increase your popularity and backlinks on the web, pay attention to e-commerce sites. (Google uses backlinks to judge popularity, determine quality, and decide what to rank where in its search algorithm. – Searchenginejournal)
- Streamline site’s architecture.
- Invest time in marketing and niche research.
- Never fail to optimise category and product pages.
- Use long-tail and LSI keywords in titles.
- Add clean navigation.
- Track outbound links.
- Write original product descriptions.
- Implement product review schema.
- Add robots.txt file. (https://moz.com/learn/seo/robotstxt)
- Use SEMRush, DeepCrawl and ScreamingFrog.
Stay away from duplicate content
Duplicate content can ruin your credibility. (Duplicate content is any content on your website that is the same or very similar to other content across your website or across multiple websites. – Google)
- Delete or redirect duplicate content.
- Focus on content audit. (https://www.singlegrain.com/blog-posts/content-marketing/the-step-by-step-guide-to-conducting-a-content-audit/)
Focus on basic elements
If you want to improve search engine rankings, use basic optimisation strategies, such as:
- Research your competitors.
- Use www. Or non-www version.
- Create social media profiles.
- Join relevant groups on social media sites.
- Share your blog posts, images on social media
- Create newsletters.
- Install an SSL Certificate on your website.
- Identify and fix indexing issues.
- Use Reddit, StumbleUpon, Delicious and Quora.
Use powerful tools
If you want to take your business to next level by generating leads, you should use the following tools.
So, use the above mentioned techniques to achieve your online goals and increase your profitability.