Do you want to strengthen your websiteâ€™s structure and drive more traffic? Use the power of internal linking. Basically, internal links are links that go from one page to another on the same domain. These types of links are useful for 3 reasons:
- They allow users to browse a website more easily.
- They help to establish information hierarchy in a website.
- They help to spread link juice across a website.
No doubt, internal links are valuable in terms of SEO and can improve your web pagesâ€™ authority. In fact, these links are also helpful in improving your usersâ€™ surfing experiences.
Letâ€™s learn about a few apparent benefits of using internal links across the website:
- Improves usability – Internal linking helps users to navigate your website in a seamless manner. By using proper links in your content, you can ease your visitorsâ€™ navigation. You can use as many relevant internal links as possible according to your descriptions or articles.
- Helps to spread link juice – Internal linking simply helps you to spread your link juice to other pages of your website. This is as important as obtaining backlinks from authoritative websites. This makes your website strong and usable.
- Helps to boost page views â€“ Internal links improve interconnectivity. If your content has relevant internal links, your audience are more likely to read further articles and remain interested. This increases your page views as wellas your conversion rate.
- Lowers bounce rate â€“ Internal links help to engage users, which significantly lowers the overall bounce rate. You can check Google Analytics to study the bounce rate and the conversion rate after incorporating internal links.
- Helps in crawling and indexing – Building a strong and invaluable internal linking architecture will help robots to find those web pages that are not often visited. This helps in improving the crawling and indexing of your website, which improves your websiteâ€™s visibility.
Tips to use internal links:
- Study Wikipedia articles.
- Understand your websiteâ€™s architecture.
- Use sensible anchor texts.
- Do not use too many tags in your article.
- Never forget the unsearched web pages.
- Never ignore the potential of your indexed pages.
- Analyse your traffic and adjust your internal linking strategy accordingly.
This shows that internal linking can significantly improve your websiteâ€™s performance. In fact, it helps to improve its visibility and usability as well as attract traffic. So, use internal links judiciously and jump on the bandwagon today.