Worldwide SEO practitioners use a wide variety of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques to improve their brands’ impact, enhance bottom line and ROI. They often use tried and tested techniques to achieve the expected results.
Here are a few techniques they often follow:
Architecture of any website should be simple and intuitive. It is a complex task and needs collaboration of web designers, project managers, programmers, as well as information architecture practitioners.
A simple mistake in a website’s architecture can prove expensive. Hence, it is essential to focus on certain elements, such as:
- HTTPS – Whether you want good rankings or build your brand, you should choose an appropriate hypertext transfer protocol for your website. After the Google’s announcement that HTTPS is included on their ranking factors list, it has become the preferred choice of SEO professionals.
- Breadcrumbs – According to uxplanet, breadcrumbs (or breadcrumb trail) is a secondary navigation system that shows a user’s location in a site or web application. It is useful in clarifying the hierarchy of a website and makes it more useful and navigation friendly.
- URL structure – A site’s URL structure should be as simple and clear as possible. In fact, it is advisable to use hyphens (-) instead of underscores (_) in your URLs.
It is yet another essential SEO metric that is still unexplored. Whether your website is an e-commerce website or a static service oriented, you should use internal linking carefully.
- Link pages of all categories with the home page.
- Link all product pages to their relevant category pages.
- Regularly use Link Checker and Xenu.
- Focus on contextual internal links.
Developing a fast and efficient website is the need of the hour. In fact, there are many factors such as, response time, file size, and bandwidth that play an important role in improving the overall speed of a website.
According to SEO professionals, there is a strong link between conversions and website speed.
- Use Google Page speed insights to find the speed of your mobile/desktop website.
- Compress files.
- Minimise RTT – Round Trip Times (The time between a request for a web page and the display of that web page.)
- Minimise DNS Lookups.
- Minimise redirects.
- Never use social media icons using embedded scripts.
- Take advantage of browser caching.
- Take advantage of content delivery networks.
- Minimise external API calls.
- More plugins can slow down your website as well as increase security concerns; so, choose the most suitable plugin.
- Properly use 301 redirects.
- Regularly monitor Google Webmaster Tools for server errors.
So, use the above mentioned tried and tested SEO techniques to gain success in terms of improving a site’s performance, speed, and create value.