Here are a few SEO techniques for small businesses:
Create a mobile-friendly website
According to Addthis, a mobile-friendly site is a website that is designed to be displayed on hand-held (mobile) devices such as smartphones or tablets. As a business owner, you must invest in creating a mobile friendly website to capture wider audiences.
- Try to include a viewport meta tag
- Use YouTube videos on your site
- Always use high-resolution images
Perform extensive keyword research
Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field – Moz.
- Conduct keyword research on the basis of business, industry, competitive landscape and your website.
- Generate extensive keyword ideas to pick the most suitable one.
- Keep an eye on Search Analytics.
- Research your industry.
- Never ignore keyword impressions and clicks.
- Use https://ubersuggest.io/, Google Trends and http://answerthepublic.com/.
- Study search volume, clicks, clicks per search, cost per click, etc.
Understand your online audience
First and foremost, understand the interest and behaviour of your customers. It will help you to maximise the chance of your success.
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Audience Manager and Twitter Audience Insights.
- Conduct market research.
- Study social networks.
- Aberdeen Research reported that marketers who use personas achieve 73% higher conversions.
Use PPC (paid advertising)
Pay-per-click (PPC), also known as cost per click (CPC), is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites – Wikipedia. As a marketer, if you want to accelerate your site’s traffic as well as conversions, you need to mix PPC with your online marketing strategy.
(According to a report, top 3 paid ad spots on a Google results page get 41% of the clicks on the page)
- Strategically use PPC
- Set your budget according to your business goals
- Create high quality landing pages
- Focus on headlines and descriptions
- Include long-tail keywords
- Optimise landing pages
- Wisely use CTAs
- Measure ROI at regular intervals
Check your website for onsite issues
If you want to gain success, check your entire website for possible errors and issues.
- Find duplicate content.
- Create an XML sitemap.
- Use check: validator.w3.org, and brokenlinkcheck.com
- Analyse and adjust website speed.
- Fix hreflang mistakes.
- Identify and remove error pages.
So, use the above mentioned SEO techniques to transform your online business.