Online marketing has become more sophisticated than ever before. Here are a few online marketing tactics for business owners:
Focus on social media presence
Social media presence is the need of the hour; in fact, businesses should go extra mile to stay effective. Here are a few ways to efficiently use social media:
- Post your content frequently to remain in the mainstream.
- Understand the kind of content your audience likes.
- Schedule all of your social media posts using relevant social media management tools/applications.
- Use compelling images as well as encourage conversation.
- Make sure your content is reliable, valuable, actionable, readable and shareable.
Content marketing is more than just a buzzword; it has the power to accelerate your brand image and empower your business. However, you need to understand its rules and nuances to create a win-win situation.
Advantages of Content marketing for businesses:
- Raises brand awareness
- Turns prospects into buyers
- Drives competitive advantage
- Adds value to your brand
- Helps to educate and motivate users.
Here are a few elements to consider:
- Focus on providing clear explanations.
- Use content creation and distribution tools.
- Carefully curate, create and share content.
- Create entertaining stuff for social media channels.
- Create e-guides, white papers, presentations, and videos.
- Create content that connects as well as attracts the right people.
- Write specific headlines and optimise your content.
Use best SEO practices
If you want to power your website, you should take advantage of modern SEO tactics. Here are a few things to consider:
- Submit Sitemaps to Search Console to make sure Google can index and crawl your website.
- Verify meta data (Schema.org)
- Use Page Speed Insights and Web Page Test to measure page load performance. (Research has shown that 40% of users abandon a site that takes more than three seconds to load.)
- Use “Lighthouse Chrome Extension” to perform SEO audit.
- Improve your website performance using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- If you are using WordPress, Drupal, or Hatena – install and activate an AMP plug-in.
- Pay special attention to manual actions as well as unnatural links.
- Keep an eye on distributing malware or phishing attacks.
- Understand about Penguin Update because it has become the part of core algorithm (https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2016/09/penguin-is-now-part-of-our-core.html)
So, maximise the returns and improve the potential of your website by using the above given tactics.