Different types of SEO strategies and innovative online marketing techniques are being adopted by a large number of brands to gain optimum advantage from e-commerce businesses. However, most e-commerce businesses fail to address key challenges and as a result of which they are unable to develop tactical SEO plans for their websites.
Here are some of the key SEO strategies to achieve success:
- Setup Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools – It is a known fact that the use of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools on your site will allow you to monitor, analyse and measure organic search traffic and other performance indicators on your website more efficiently. These extraordinary tools allow business owners to monitor current trends, traffic sources, landing page performance, check backlinks, identify technical errors and other elements that are important for their business.
- Unique titles and meta descriptions - Titles and meta descriptions are crucial as they attract search engines. In fact, these are helpful in inspiring visitors and improving their knowledge about your products or services. Therefore, it is important to write unique titles and meta descriptions to convey your message.
- Block unnecessary URLs - An e-commerce website usually contains many dead pages, irrelevant URLs, thank you pages and other issues that consume a lot of time and make your website slow. You can use the Robots.txt file to block them and make your website more relevant, faster and responsive.
- Include keywords in your URLs – This is the best technique to improve organic visibility of your e-commerce website. In fact, this is vital for all category and subcategory pages. It also strengthens the structure of your website and eases crawling as well as indexing.
- Add reviews on product pages â€“ Adding reviews and ratings on your product pages helps customers. In addition, it also helps to increase the organic visibility of your website.
- Make your site mobile friendly - Mobile friendly sites attract the maximum number of visitors – even search engines reward them. So make your website responsive and mobile friendly.
Use these smart SEO strategies to address specific issues of your website and grow your e-commerce business. However, you must strengthen your backlink profile, clean your websiteâ€™s structure, make its “search features” stronger and resolve navigation issues to gain added advantages.
- 86% of customers are willing to pay up to 25% more to get a better customer experience.
- Two-third of Americans aged 50-plus buy from e-retailers.