Today, businesses have unique challenges especially when it comes to making their presence on the web and attracting customers. Some of the challenges they often face are:
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Devising focused social media marketing strategies
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Identifying the target markets
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Determining appropriate social platforms for marketing
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Identifying the impact of social media marketing on their business
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Managing social platforms and harnessing their real power
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Enhancing customer satisfaction through social media
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Improving business performance through social media
Therefore, in order to carve a niche on the web, businesses must understand basic principles of social media marketing. Social media marketing not only mitigates risks, but also delivers the real value that helps a business to stay ahead of their competitors.
Here are a few key elements of social media marketing:
- Share regularly – Social media is all about sharing. Therefore, there must be regular sharing of educational documents, informational videos, inspiring infographics and presentations. This will engage more and more people.
- Real time updates â€“ Share your fresh content at the appropriate time. This improves the reach and effectiveness of your content. (Tip â€“ Send well-timed and well-written messages.)
- Focus on educating your customers â€“ Social media marketing is also about solving problems of your customers. Therefore, focus on educating and informing your customers rather than selling your products or services aggressively.
- Adopt multichannel approach – Social media marketing is not about “one-size-fits-all”, so use various channels for sharing your content. (Use innovative Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, slideshare, snapchat, LinkedIn and Blogs, etc. because innovation is the antidote to limits.)
- Give free information â€“ Disseminate as much information as possible to your customers. Provide free case studies, whitepapers, e-books and webinars to build trust.
- Listen more â€“ Connect with your audiences. You should listen to their problems and solve their issues.
- Engage â€“ Never break the chain of communication. Keep on posting your meaningful content (quotes, videos, presentations, infographics, etc. because “a picture is worth a thousand words”) to engage your audiences.
- Use top social media management tools â€“ Use the best social media management tools in order to engage more customers and generate more traffic.
Of course, social media marketing is not a piece of cake, you need to analyse every aspect of your business to develop a focused social media marketing strategy to achieve your goal. So gear up and get ready to ascend up the ladder.
- The best time to post on Facebook is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Other optimal periods include 12:00â€“1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00â€“4:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- One of the best slots to post on Twitter is weekdays from 12:00â€“3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- The best time to post on Pinterest is in the evening for the whole week.