Secure and efficient SEO techniques are highly important. A simple mistake could lead to failure that is why, it is important to use accurate and balanced SEO techniques to gain advantages.
Here are a few SEO techniques to gain success:
According to Google, Minification refers to the process of removing unnecessary/redundant data (characters) without affecting how the resource is processed by the browser – e.g. code comments and formatting, removing unused code, using shorter variable and function names, and so on.
So, remove all unnecessary characters from the code in order to improve the performance of a website.
- To minify HTML, try HTMLMinifier
- To minify CSS, try CSSNano and csso.
It is a well established fact that, plugins help browsers to process special types of web content, such as Flash, Silverlight, and Java. However, mobile devices do not support plugins, which may cause sudden hang ups, crashes, etc.
- Use native web technologies.
- Use special features, such as, advanced graphics and presentation effects, network connections, etc.
Redirects can be done by using 301 and 302 status codes.Â Here, the important element to note is that redirection slows down a userâ€™s experience.
- Learn the fundamentals of responsive design.
- Try to reduce unnecessary redirects.
- Connect an old web site to a new one with proper codes.
- Wisely use 301 and 302 status codes.
According to Wikipedia, the 404 or Not Found error message is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) standard response code, in computer network communications, to indicate that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.
404 pages increase bounce rate as well as affect websitesâ€™ ranking, so, fix 404 errors.
- Keep an eye on 404 errors.
- Redirect the 404 error somewhere else.
Reduce Cookie Size
HTTP cookies are used for a wide variety of reasons, such as:
However, it’s essential to keep the size of cookies as low as possible in order to improve a siteâ€™s performance.
- Set an expiry date appropriately.
- Donâ€™t create cookies for everything.
- Use a session to store information.
- Limit the cookie by domain name and protocol.
- Remove unused or duplicated cookie fields.
Migrate Your Site to HTTPS
Safely, securely migrate your website to HTTPS (HTTPS is endorsed by Google.) for its better performance.
- Buy an SSL Certificate.
- Always run a full backup of all of your website files.
- Efficiently change Your HTTP Links to HTTPS.
- Check code libraries for better functionality.
- Set redirects according to your web server (Apache, NGinx, LiteSpeed, or Windows.)
- Update CDN SSL.
- Never fail to update Google (Analytics & Search Console).
So, follow the above given practices and rules to improve your siteâ€™s performance.