Visual content always fascinates customers. If you are a content marketer and using text-based content for customer engagement, you are missing something. In other words use visual content for better ROI. According to some online surveys and research, visual content is much more influential than text-based content and can easily influence visitors.
- Researchers found that colourful visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
Here are a few types of visual content, which you need to include in your content marketing:
- Images – Images can turn ordinary content into a compelling content. Use high quality images to attract more customers.
- Videos – Videos are used for creating effective visual presentations. Create useful and effective videos to present problems and their solutions. Videos are one of the most cost-effective ways to increase conversions and decrease your bounce rate. You can create “how to videos”, “inspirational videos”, or “tutorials”, according to your business objectives.
- Infographics – Well designed infographics attract your audiences’ attention, so promote it extensively.
- Memes – Memes are the best way to instil fun elements in your articles to make them much more viral across the web. It acts as a functional unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted through writing or gestures.
- Presentations – Presentations allow you to inform, educate and communicate with your audiences. A beautifully developed presentation can engage more and more people.
- Screenshots – Screenshots are helpful in offering proof to your readers and base to your articles. You can use screenshots to guide your readers and improve their understanding. In fact, it is the best way to draw the attention of your users.
Visual content not only inspires your audiences, but also encourages them to explore your brand. If you are a content marketer, include it in your marketing strategy and see the magic.
- To take advantage of infographics, it is essential that the layout and design should be clean and professional.
- Choose colour schemes wisely for your infographics.
- Make your video specific and relevant.
- Think like a reader.
- Be consistent with fonts, borders and colours.
- Always track and report your conversion metrics.
- Discuss your themes or topics with content authors, editors, publishers, designers, and content strategists.
- Review and adjust your visual content marketing strategy.