- Do you want to make your website SEO-friendly?
- Are you looking for easy-to-use SEO techniques?
- Do you want consistent rankings?
- Do you want to uncover your site’s efficiencies, and drive revenue from SEO?
White hat techniques are there to help you to achieve and maintain rankings. However, it is not always easy to follow these techniques as they require in-depth knowledge and skills.
What is White Hat SEO?
“White Hat SEO is a proven practice that is used for improving search performance of a website according to the guidelines of search engines”. It would tantamount to discarding the entire spammy activities (Black Hat SEO).
In a nutshell, White hat SEO is all about writing quality content, using keyword-rich Meta tags, making a website easy to navigate and much more. In fact, maintaining the integrity of a website can make a huge difference. However, it is a difficult task and requires consistent efforts.
Implementing White Hat SEO practices is a great way to create an ethical and successful website.
This is the most neglected part of SEO because most business owners still consider it a sheer wastage of time and money.
It is the backbone of SEO, especially White Hat SEO; hence, to understand market and industry, it is always good to research keywords.
- Use SemRush, SearchMetrics, Keyword Discovery Tool, Keyword planner, etc.
- Try to include as many keywords as possible.
- Select both short and long-tail keywords.
- Choose keywords that are most hit.
- Select keywords according to objectives of your business.
Never forget content is for users not for search engines. However, people try to manipulate search engines by using varied deceptive techniques, like hidden text, doorway pages, scraped content, etc.
Search engines never like such tactics and eventually penalise websites. Therefore, it is always safe to write original and useful content for online success.
- Avoid using tools generating content automatically.
- Avoid participating in link schemes.
- Optimising pages with irrelevant keywords or texts to attract search engines.
- Create useful content for your industry and audiences.
- Give credit to original source.
Some business owners think that it is easier to optimise websites by stuffing keywords and key phrases, which is a wrong notion. In fact, Google understands such tactics and eliminate them from search results.
- “Google needs to know about your website’s content to place it in the right SERPs for the right search terms”.
- Search engines gives importance to domain age, website’s authority, anchor text, localisation and usage data.
It is important to optimise a website’s content in a proper way. For that, follow Google’s guidelines.
- Focus on keyword density and proximity.
- Never underestimate Keyword’s prominence while optimising a website.
Complex structure, lengthy navigation paths, too many subfolders and redirections deter users as well as search engines. Hence, keep your site’s structure as simple and clean as possible.
It is also important to use internal links and limit external links for optimum advantage. If possible, keep the navigation simple. This improves usability of a website.
- Use breadcrumbs to ease navigation.
- Use crawlable links for search engines.
- Integrate sitemap into websites.
- Use Webmaster tool to check penalty.
- Keep your site’s URL as simple and readable as possible.
All these White hat SEO techniques will improve search engine rankings.