Online marketing is the most effective way to make your website competitive. Here are a few online marketing techniques to exploit:
Follow the best practices of link building
Link building is one of the best ways to remain competitive. In fact, it is the most fundamental element that should not be ignored.
- Always create and promote high-quality, research-based and specific content to educate users.
- Try to improve your website’s credibility.
- Use tools like Buzzsumo to find best-selling content and create content accordingly.
- Create high-quality explainer videos.
- Provide seamless shopping experience to users by writing ebooks and guides.
Don’t ignore Accelerated Mobile Pages
Google launched Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), which enables you to rank higher in mobile search results. However, it must be noticed that only valid/error-free AMP pages are displayed in the search results. Hence, as a marketer, you should create and test AMP pages for better results.
- AMP implementation is a complex task; hence, it is advisable to identify and fix AMP errors at regular intervals.
- Make good use of AMP Validator browser extension for Chrome to browse pages on your website.
- Study – https://www.searchenginejournal.com/amp-testing/212462/
Understand the fundamentals of SEO
Try to understand the fundamentals of SEO, if you want to exploit its full potential.
- Always pay attention to the SEO industry’s latest news and algorithm updates.
- Create correct landing pages according to the keywords.
- Understand dwell time, bounce rate as well as study Google analytics reports.
- Never underestimate content marketing, technical SEO and link building.
- Stay away from unnatural link building techniques.
- Keep an eye on hacking attempts. (According to Google, the number of hacked sites increased by approximately 32 percent in 2016 compared to 2015.)
- Use Ahrefs and Moz.
Perform link audit
Today, link audit is more important than ever. It will not only help you to identify bad backlinks, but also remove unnatural or spammy links.
- Pay attention to unnatural links penalty.
- Access Search Console to see manual penalty.
- Comb through all the backlinks.
- Identify Rel nofollow and anchor text.
- Use Majestic and Ahrefs.
So, get ready to leverage the power of online marketing.