SEO is not only a mechanism to gain rankings and traffic for a particular website/blog, in fact, it is more than that. It involves the widest possible elements from websiteâ€™s structure to content audit. Global SEO experts focus on different types of techniques to gain rankings.
Here are a few unique SEO techniques they use:
According to ahrefs, a link audit is an in-depth analysis that allows us to emphasise on certain aspect of link building, and it helps us detect problems or opportunities in terms of backlinks.
Link audit Tips:
- Carry out backlink competitor analysis and anchor text distribution/analysis.
- Focus on the type of links (such as dofollow or nofollow).
- Use effective link audit tools.
- Focus on improving natural link building techniques.
- Identify grey/black or white hat link building techniques.
- Identify total number of naked and hybrid anchor text.
According to optimizely, A/B testing (also known as split testing or bucket testing) is a method of comparing two versions of a web page or application against each other to determine which one performs better. Of course, it takes time to carry out the process, but it is beneficial for websites.
A/B Testing Tips:
- Always identify your goals before starting A/B testing.
- Create multiple variations and measure results.
- Use efficient A/B testing tools.
- Use 302 redirects instead of 301s while performing A/B testing.
- Always test your subject lines, CTAs, images, layout and headings for better website performance.
- Record minor variations.
According to Wikipedia, an internal link is a type of hyperlink on a web page to another page or resource, such as an image or document, on the same website or domain. Hyperlinks are considered either “external” or “internal” depending on their target or destination.
- Never use many outbound links.
- Formulate a better internal link structure.
- Fix broken internal links.
Errors and warnings
If you want to improve the overall performance of your website, you need to focus on the errors and warnings. For that, you need to fix HTML errors.
- Access Google webmaster tools to identify and fix HTML errors.
- Use the W3C Markup Validation Service.
- Understand the difference between 403 and 404 errors.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes)
- Always provide unique and insightful content.
- Use intuitive website layout.
- Use tried and tested call-to-actions.
- Write relevant meta titles and descriptions.
- Organise your content in a seamless manner.
- Use Google My Business (GMB) because it is an essential tool for small businesses for local SEO.
- Keep your siteâ€™s structure simple and streamlined.
- Keep your URL structure simple and user-friendly.
- Optimise your website according to your objectives.
- Keep an eye on Google search algorithm updates.
So, follow these SEO tips to strike the fortune.