Most businesses presume that online marketing doesn’t make sense or isn’t effective at all. But it has the ability to generate leads.
All you need to do is to focus on:
With its 1.65 billion monthly active users, there is no reason for not using Facebook. Today, no platform can beat Facebook. According to eMarketer, US adults spend an average of 22 minutes a day on Facebook, while it is projected that they will be spending 23 minutes a day by 2018.
- Create and optimise Facebook pages.
- Create high quality ads targeted at specific geographically distributed audience.
- Include profile photo and cover image.
- Create groups related to your industry.
- Never ignore “About us” section.
- Take the advantage of dynamic retargeting.
- Always post useful information to your wall to engage users.
- Never post endless updates.
- Always announce new products and services on Facebook.
Understand Behavioural Analytics
Understanding and implementing behavioural analytics is of high importance. It helps you to know your users, create relevant messages, and reach the right audience at the right time.
- Focus on behavioural segmentation.
- Use Google analytics to boost results.
Follow the best Mobile Design Practices
According to a survey, 93% of internet users browse the internet on a mobile device every day. Hence, you need to focus on mobile optimisation.
- Always use a hamburger menu. (The hamburger menu makes it easier to view program options on mobile devices – computerhope)
- Keep important elements within reach.
- In 2017, Google rolled out their soft penalty for what they call “intrusive interstitials”; in other words, disable pop-ups.
- Use responsive and adaptive design.
- Minimise the number of form fields on your mobile page.
Automated Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the game-changing aspects of online marketing. However, for better yields, you must use automated email marketing. It is all about sending emails automatically, based on a schedule, or triggers.
- Send mails according to subscribers’ behaviour.
- Wisely set up drip-feed emails.
- Identify key performance indicators and measure results. (conversion rate, open rate, click-through rate, etc.)
- Personalise your messages.
These techniques are just the tip of the iceberg; but can result in huge benefits.