Here are a few simple online marketing strategies for e-commerce stores:
Formulate an effective content marketing strategy
A solid content marketing strategy can take your e-commerce store to the next level. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 70% of B2B marketers surveyed say they are creating more content this year than they did the last year.
Here are a few steps to create a content marketing strategy -
- Define your objectives
- Identify target market
- Perform a content audit
- Choose the best CMS
- Brainstorm ideas
- Identify the type of content you want to create (blog posts, ebooks, case studies, infographics, etc.)
- Publish and manage your content
Create an email marketing campaign
Email marketing is essential for e-commerce marketing. It is helpful in connecting with customers and convincing them to shop more. Not to mention, it is always a good idea to keep in touch with customers and improve their understanding about new products and services.
Here are a few steps for an email marketing strategy:
- Identify the need for email marketing
- Draft email copy as per your customerâ€™s persona
- Set up tracking
- Test your email and make changes
- Complete the email checklist
- SendÂ emails
- Revise email templates
Create original content
Original content always establishes better connections with consumers.
- Create helpful videos, blog posts, audio segments and e-books for your e-commerce store.
- Share your brandâ€™s story.
- Write and share case studies.
- Write on trendy topics.
Wise use of user generated content (User-generated content (UGC), alternatively known as user-created content (UCC), is any form of content created by users of a system or service and made available publicly on that system – Wikipedia)
User generated content is a great way to attract customers.
- Integrate User-generated content on product pages.
- Use pictures of satisfied customers.
- Integrate video testimonials.
Wisely handle Social Networks
If you are not using social media networks for your e-commerce store, you should. It will help you to create buzz and attract consumers. However, if you have limited time to devote, you can use social media automation tools.
- Create and share informative Facebook posts.
- Wisely use a social media network.
Streamline your checkout process
If your e-commerce store has a cluttered Checkout Process, it may not generate the expected leads. Hence, you need to optimise and test your checkout page for the maximum benefits.
- A/B test your checkout process.
- Always provide a calculator to your customers.
So, use these simple online marketing strategies for your e-commerce store.