A content management system (CMS) is a computer application that supports the creation as well as modification of digital content. It is used for supporting multiple users working in a collaborative environment.
Here are a few powerful content management system tools (CMS) to choose from:
WordPress is aÂ piece of open source software.Â It is used for creating a website, a blog, or an application. (27% of the web uses WordPress, from blogs to websites). WordPress offers a number of themes, plugins, widgets, and other features.
Some of the most versatile features of WordPress are:
- Custom-made designs
- SEO friendly
- Responsive mobile sites
- High performance
- High security
- Easy and accessible
- User-friendly dashboard
Joomla is a world-class content management system (CMS), which enables you to build powerful websites and online applications.
Some of the most versatile features of Joomla are:
- Multilingual â€“ This is the most popular open source multilingual CMS platform, offering over 65 languages.
- Support â€“ Joomla has a community of developers who provide consistent support.
- Updates – Joomla updates its software to secure its web assets and empower businesses.
- Banner Management â€“ It helps people to add advertising and monetise your website.
- Brand Management â€“ It allows you to add several contacts, departments as well as categories to extend the basic contact information.
- Content Management â€“ It helps to organise and manage content in an effortless manner.
- ExtensionÂ – Over 7,500 extensions are available to extend your websiteâ€™s functionality.
- Responsive – Joomla is mobile ready.
- Google map and analytics.
- 200 MB of free space.
ExpressionEngine is an effective, flexible, feature-rich content management platform. (It is an interested hybrid of commercial and open-source software).
Some of the most versatile features of ExpressionEngine are:
- Enhanced security
- Commercial support
- Spam prevention
- Mobile friendly
- Easy to maintain
- Helps to manage and share content in an intuitive way.
First impressions count, especially if you are an online business owner, so choose Drupal to have an intuitive website. It is an open source platform.
Some of the most powerful features of Drupal are:
- Community support
- Productive and flexible
- More than 6,000 modules
- Complete online documentation
- Insightful and improves usersâ€™ experience
Contao is a popular web-based Open Source CMS.
Some of the most powerful features of Contao are:
- Search engine-friendly
- Strong community support
- Intuitive interface
- Fast, reliable and easy to maintain
- Appealing designs of Newsletter
- Easy payment gateway integration
- Multi Domain Capability
- Amazing extensions for design frameworks, social media and much more.
SilverStripe is a famous and secure open source CMS. (SilverStripe has been downloaded over 350,000 times.) Its flexible framework allows developers to create powerful websites.
Some of the most popular features of SilverStripe are:
- Easy to use and learn
- Flexible and extendible
- Secure open source
- Provide reusable codes
- Standard templates
- Designers are free to use HTML and CSS
A robust CMS is vital to run a successful business. So, choose one according to your objectives.