If you want your website to rank better and achieve more traffic, you need to think more than just website optimisation. In other words, you need to focus on social signals and other aspects of SEO.
Here are a few techniques to know:
Stay active on social media
It is no secret that social media is one of the best ways to connect personally with people/community. In fact, it is a great way to identify your target audiences.
- Share your knowledge on forums.
- Use Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, etc.
- Start interesting conversations.
- Never push your product or service.
- Take advantage of Google Trends as well as guest posting.
Identify Googlebot crawl issues
According to a report, most marketers fail to understand Googlebot crawl issues, which prevent their website to get ranked. Hence, it is important to identify and resolve such critical issues.
- Make sure web pages are internally linked.
- Ensure thatÂ pages do not return errors. (404 errors)
- Use “Fetch as Google” on a key website pages.
- Fix server load problems.
- Fix access denied errors.
- Use “SEO Quake plugin” to extract a list of website URLs that Google has indexed.
- Study – https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35120?hl=en
Fix indexing issues
Most of the websites make losses because they are not properly indexed by search engines. That is why, it is essential to identify and fix indexing issues. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Test, check and upload Robots.txt.
- Focus on badly configured htaccess.
- Make sure your Meta tags are getting indexed.
- Follow URL parameter standards.
- Identify DNS issues.
Never avoid Rich Snippets
According to Unamo, Rich Snippets are used to describe structured data markup that site operators can add to their existing HTML, which in turn allow search engines to better understand what information is contained on each web page.
Advantages of using Rich Snippets:
- Attract a user’s attention.
- Provide instant information.
- Increase click-through rates.
- Find out the applicable content properties for your rich snippets.
- Validate markup with the help of Structured Data Test Tool.
- Study https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/mark-up-content
Create web pages for individual products/services
Regardless of the industry you are in, it is important to create individual web pages for better understanding of users and to improve the overall click-through rate of a website.
- Keep your URLs and content informative.
- Itâ€™s important to know the importance of internal links.
- Use CTAs wherever possible.
- Organise and categorise your content.
Whether you want to improve your websitesâ€™ authority or get it ranked, use the above mentioned optimisation tactics.