Marketers understand the importance of voluminous traffic. However, mere quantity of traffic is not important, quality of traffic is also essential to achieve success.
Here are a few ways to improve the quality of website traffic:
If you are a marketer, you need to understand certain essential metrics such as bounce rates, goal conversion rates, landing page conversion rates, click-through rates, customer lifetime values and more. It will help you to adjust and refine your online marketing strategies accordingly.
Use SEO tools
- BuzzStream – It is web-based software that helps you to build links and buzz.
- Authoritylabs â€“ It helps you to check keyword rankings.
- Brokenlinkcheck â€“ It is a free online web-site validator / integrity checker / problem detection tool. It helps you to check broken and dead links.
- Cyfe â€“ It is a powerful tool that tracks your entire business in real-time.
- Deepcrawl â€“ It is a famous tool that helps you to analyse your siteâ€™s architecture.
If users are leaving your website, something is wrong somewhere. That is why, it is essential to target the most basic element first – navigation. If your website has poor navigation structure or dead ends, users tend to fly. Hence, it is important to streamline the overall navigation structure of your website.
- Use breadcrumbs
- Clearly showcase path
- Keep sidebars separate
- Use categories and sub folders
- Use banners to enhance navigation pages
As a marketer, you need to strike the right balance between technology-centred and user-centred design to gain maximum benefits.
- Follow standard web design practices.
- Use contextual links for navigation.
- Choose clear and consistent layout.
- Use clearly identifiable buttons for search and site menus.
Work out on your Social Strategy
A good social media marketing strategy is based around business objectives. So, define social media objectives, create value added content and use the most suitable social channel.
- Share meaningful content on social channels.
- Share videos through YouTube, Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Encourage comments.
The morale of the story is simple. You must focus on achieving high quality traffic to improve the overall conversion capacity of a website.