Today, most of the online stores are facing head-to-head competition that is why, it is more than important to use a wide range of creative, aggressive and innovative e-commerce strategies to gain traction.
Here are a few innovative e-commerce ideas to gain success:
Build your brand
It is a well known fact that people tend to buy products from brands they know; that is why, it is essential to build a brand.
- Research your audiences.
- Use high quality research tools – comScore, Nielsen, and Google.
- Use both display and content networks.
- Rely on both behavioral targeting and website specific targeting.
- Focus on social media integration.
- Build your online reputation.
Try to attain Inbound Links
Inbound links are the key to success in SEO; however, it is important to focus on quality, not quantity. Only relevant and high-quality links from authentic websites can build trust.
- Stay away from black-hat link building tactics.
- Maintain a blog and flourish it with quality content.
- Always invest in curating and publishing of helpful material.
- Create and share case studies.
- Conduct free webinars.
- Create awesome infographics.
- Create beautiful and helpful SlideShare presentations.
Conducting A/B testing is a hard work. Many website owners perform only one time testing to improve their conversion rates, which is inadequate. A/B testing should be performed at regular intervals.
- Focus on multivariate testing.
- Cut lengthy product purchasing process.
- Always define your key performance indicators.
- Prioritise and schedule A/B split testing process.
- Focus on shopping-cart abandonment rate.
- Measure and evaluate your siteâ€™s performance.
Use social media
Make sure you use almost all social media channels to improve your brandâ€™s identity.
- Respond politely and immediately.
- Use reviews and testimonials on products pages.
- Use Amazon (according to a survey, 55% of online shoppers start their product search on Amazon)
- Try to improve your social media fans and followers.
- Share online catalogues.
Prioritise mobile optimisation
Mobile shopping is the future of e-commerce industry; if your website is not mobile responsive, you may suffer loss. Hence, prioritise mobile optimisation for better yields.
Fact- Today, 1.2 billion people are accessing the web from mobile devices.Â 80% of internet users use smartphones. (teamtreehouse)
- Focus on visual media.
- Use social media icons.
- Use bright CTA buttons.
Providing seamless shopping experience is tough; however,Â following the above mentioned strategies and ideas,Â may help you hit the right path.