In this digital era, the role of SEO and online marketing canâ€™t be ignored.
Here are a few online marketing techniques:
Stay away from spammy elements
Most business owners use a wide range of spammy elements to gain quick rankings and traffic, whichÂ may result in setbacks. Here are a few elements to avoid:
- Auto-generated content â€“ Today, there are many ways and programs that can automatically generate content, which is of no use and never adds value.
- Irrelevant content â€“ Sometimes marketers use same keyword or phrase again and again to manipulate rankings, which is wrong.
Focus on Local SEO
Local SEO can help your business stand out in the SERPs â€“ Moz. As a marketer, you need to focus on local SEO to get better prominence.
- Perform local competitive audit.
- Eliminate any sort of NAP confusion.
- Concentrate on basic pages (home, about, contact, testimonials).
- Simplify the siteâ€™s size, complexity, or navigational options.
- Use relevant call-to-action.
- Stay away from bad linking practices.
The secure hypertext transfer protocol was developed to allow authorisation and secure transactions. As a marketer, you should use HTTPS. (https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal.html)
- Monitor siteâ€™s migration from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Use 2048-bit key certificates.
- Â Donâ€™t block your HTTPS site from crawling using robots.txt â€“ Google.
Pay attention to userâ€™s experience
Online marketing is all about making a website competitive as well as user friendly.
- Always choose an impressive design.
- Give users/visitors as much as you can before asking for their personal data.
- Include product reviews.
- Encourage interaction to improve engagement.
- Create a high quality and functional “Search Function” (Fifty percent of users, on the entire internet, are search dominant. – Usabilityhour)
- Choose colours wisely.
- Use animation wherever possible.
- Use Multivariate Testing at regular intervals.
Optimise Landing Page
If you want to improve the overall conversion rate of your website, you need to optimise landing pages.
- Eliminate distractions.
- Never ignore colour contrast.
- Add white space around different elements.
- Use high quality visuals and social proofs.
- Make sure the CTA is displayed in a visually distinct button.
- Use big fonts and short videos.
- Improve the page load speed.
So, use these online marketing techniques to outrank your competitors.