Profitability is the primary objective of any business (off line or online). Online marketing initiatives can increase a businessâ€™s profitability by yielding a strong ROI.
Here are a few effective online marketing strategies:
Try to improve the quality of your website
Online marketing experts always focus on building links, but they never focus on improving the quality and relevance of the website, which is of prime importance.
- Improve the quality of content,Â page authority as well as trustworthiness of the website.
- Â Improve usersâ€™ experience.
- Â Focus on keywords, topics, and query intent and anchor text.
- The speed of your website (see- http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/velocity-making-your-site-fast.html)
- Use http://www.webpagetest.org/.(Website Performance and Optimisation tool)
Use smart SEO toolsÂ
If you want to stay ahead of competition, you need to use high quality and robust SEO tools.
For better yields, use -
- Raven Tools â€“ Use it to find and fix technical SEO problems. It helps you to perform keyword and competitor research, manage link building and report on your progress.
- Majestic â€“ It is a powerful link intelligence tool. It shows trust flow, inbound links, link profile, historical data andÂ more.
- Analytics SEO â€“ It is an automated suite of online SEO tools. Use it to handle and manage big and multiple SEO campaigns.
Focus on fundamental things
To cope up with the pace of competition, it is important to focus on certain fundamental elements to strengthen the base of a website. Here are a few things to do -
- Try to improve local link-building efforts.
- Create local business directory listings.
- Use Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Yelp, Merchant Circle, etc.
- Optimise a separate mobile site.
- Create social profiles on Google+ and Facebook.
- Analyse ROI report from Google analytics 360.
Never ignore content audit
“The purpose of a content audit for SEO is to improve the perceived trust and quality of a domain, while optimising crawl budget and the flow of PageRank (PR) and other ranking signals throughout the site.” – Moz.
- Analyse every single aspect such as â€“ page theme, title, description, content, facts and statistics.
- Identify broken internal and external links.
- Keep your content updated.
- Frequently include case studies and more examples.
- Wisely syndicate content. (Content syndication is the process of pushing your blog, site, or video content out into third-party sites, either as a full article, snippet, link, or thumbnail. – Searchenginewatch)
- Use Screaming Frog to crawl all URLs.
So, include the above given dimensions before formulating an online marketing strategy.