After the emergence of powerful Internet marketing channels, most marketers have shifted their campaigns to popular channels, thinking that SEO is dead; but the fact is, it is still alive and kicking. According to a report by Forrester Research, organic web search or natural search engine results stillÂ tops traffic sources used by survey respondents. Its report states that this percentage is growing at a steady rate and is expected to continue in the next couple of years.
Hence, go for On-Page SEO to gain traffic.
Here are a few basics you need to know:
Choose the Right Set of Keywords
It is important to choose the right kind of keywords Â to attract targeted audiences. Of course, it is the basic building block of any campaign.
Choose Good Domain Names
Many marketers believe that it doesnâ€™t make any sense; however, the fact is, domain names plays an important role. A sound domain name improves a websiteâ€™s overall ranking.
Optimise Meta Data
For the maximum output, you need to carefully optimise each web page to make them search engine friendly. For that, optimise Title Tags and Meta Descriptions.
- Title Tags â€“ Titles tags of web pages are like advertisements. Hence, optimise them wisely by following thumb rules.
- Meta descriptions -Â Meta Description is a concise summary of the content present on a web page that appears in search results. Hence, optimise it carefully.
Create Unique Content
Uniqueness is important. It helps in rankings as well as traffic. However, you need to pay attention to certain essential elements:
- Main content
- User experience
On-Page SEO for media elements
On-Page SEO should take care of other media elements (images, videos, etc.) that may appear in search results also along with content. These elements should also be optimised.Â For that, you should focus on:
- File names
- Alt Tags (An alt tag, also known as “alt attribute” and “alt description,” is an HTML attribute applied to image tags to provide a text alternative for search engines – Bigcommerce)
Create Specific Landing Pages for products/services
Creating and optimising a landing page is one of the best ways to attract prospective customers and visitors. The main purpose of creating specific landing pages is to inform and educate visitors about features and benefits of products or services offered.
Finally, never ignore the site map; it makes easier for crawlers to index and find your web page efficiently. So, keep it updated all the time.
- Keep an eye on the bounce rate of your website.
- Never overlook Google analytics, keyword research tools and monitoring tools.
- Focus on optimisation as well as user experience for better results.
- Make sure your titles and descriptions are accurate.
- Analyse the traffic pattern of your website.
- Study and tweak your strategies according to RankBrain, Google Hummingbird, Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), Search Marketing & User Intent, etc.
The above mentioned On-Page SEO techniques are time consuming, but can help you to achieve better rankings.