Link building is an essential SEO activity. Of course, it is a difficult task; however, if done correctly, it can lead to success. It doesn’t matter what type of website (e-commerce or educational) you have, but with a better link building approach; you can easily gain an edge.
Here are a few link building strategies that need to be followed:
- Create an RSS feed â€“ Create an RSS feed to publish updated information (blog entries, news and much more). It is a good way to get a link back.
- Â Build relationships â€“ Join local communities on social platforms, participate in group discussions, get involved in surveys, ask questions and give answers on communityâ€™s forums and show your interest.
- Ask for links from relevant websites â€“ Ask your employees, colleagues, business partners and clients to give a link back. This will improve your siteâ€™s credibility.
- Video Submission â€“ Submit your video content on top video submission directories to get better exposure as well as backlinks. (Use www.Vimeo.Com, Youtube, Ustream and Tumblr.)
- Press Release Submission – By submitting a press release to top PR distribution sites or syndication sites, you can easily build links for your site.
- Podcast Directories – Submit your podcast to popular podcast directories. This is the best way to achieve a backlink.
- Paid directories â€“ By submitting your website to paid directories, you can achieve quality links. In this way, you can also increase the value of your site.
- Niche Specific Directories â€“ For relevant link building, you need to submit your website to specific niche directories.
- Document Submission â€“ Marketers often overlook such directories; however, they are highly beneficial when it comes to link building. Submit your PDFs, PowerPoint presentations and word documents to high PR document submission sites. (Tip â€“ Use SlideShare, Scribd, and Issuu.)
- Logo Design Directories â€“ Submit your websiteâ€™s logo to top logo submission directories to get a link back. (Tip – Use graphicdesignblog.org, logofaves.com, logomoose.com and logofi.com)
- Infographic Submission – Submit your infographics to top infographic submission directories or blogs to get a link back. (Tip â€“ Use SlideShare, CoolInfographics, Visual.ly and Reddit.)
- Â E-Book Directories – Submit your e-books to relevant e-books submission sites to help your audiences and get a backlink.
- Â Blog Directories – If you have a blog, submit it to various relevant blog directories to increase its overall value and reach.
Link building is a complex task, which requires plenty of time and efforts. So, plan your link building strategies according to your business objectives.
- Link building is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites.
- Analyse your competitors.
- Write relevant content.
- Use high quality visuals in your content.
- Eliminate bad links.
- Understand “Penguin updates” before building backlinks.
- Write high quality e-books, white papers, manuals and guides for your users.